[PlanetCCRMA] Problem loading ardour

Joe Curtis joe.curtis@georgestreetpress.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 01:57:01 2004

Hi,
I am a newbie with a FC1 installation built from scratch using the ccrma
.iso images burnt to CD. I can start jack successfully:-
[root@Craythorne-Consultants root]# jackstart -R -d alsa -d hw -r 44100
back from read, ret = 1 errno == Success
jackd 0.80.0
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

JACK compiled with System V SHM support
creating alsa driver ... hw|hw|1024|2|44100|nomon|swmeter|rt
open
starting engine

but not ardour

[root@Craythorne-Consultants root]# ardour
Ardour/GTK 0.409.2 running with libardour 0.697.0
MIDI: MTC on port hw:0 MMC on port hw:0
liblrdf: error -  - file '/root/.ardour//sfdb' open failed - No such
file or directory
Segmentation fault
[root@Craythorne-Consultants root]#

I can't trace .ardour or sfdb anywhere on the system.

Can you tell me how to resolve this?

Regards

Joe Curtis