[PlanetCCRMA] problem running ladcca 0.4.0 on RH9 + CCRMA

Alex Timmer mijn_troep@yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 14:12:01 2004

 --- Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU> wrote: > >
> > i was already subscribed to the ladcca-devel list, so i'll move
> this
> >
> > It's polite to check a list's archive before posting.
> >
> > http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/ladcca-devel/2003-12/msg00002.html
>
> Hey! Thanks for the pointer. So it is a known problem and indeed a
> missing entry in /etc/services. I'll change my package to deal with
> this
> in the future (somehow). For now please add this line (all in one
> line)
> to /etc/services:
>
> ladcca          14541/tcp                       # LADCCA
> client/server
> protocol
>
> -- Fernando

thanks very much, this indeed solves the problem:

[guitar@r3m91 guitar]$ ladccad -d .ladccad/
Connected to JACK server with client name 'LADCCA_Server'
Opened ALSA sequencer with client ID 129
Listening for connections

and (blush) yes, it was in the ladcca mailinglist archives, but since i
got triggered by a reported mismatch in 'compiled-for' and the 'real'
jack version, i thought Fernando maybe forgotten to recompile ladcca 8)

ALEX