[PlanetCCRMA] problem running ladcca 0.4.0 on RH9 + CCRMA

Rohan Parkes abraxas@keypoint.com.au
Tue Jan 13 09:07:01 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 03:44, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> and then start ladcaad with:
>
> > ladccad -d ladcca
> Connected to JACK server with client name 'LADCCA_Server'
> Opened ALSA sequencer with client ID 128
> Listening for connections

This is what I'm seeing. Jack has been started as above.

[rparkes@akira rparkes]$ ladccad -d ladcca
Connected to JACK server with client name 'LADCCA_Server'
Opened ALSA sequencer with client ID 128
conn_mgr_start: could not look up service name: Servname not supported
for ai_socktype
[rparkes@akira rparkes]$ loader_run: server closed socket; exiting

Make sure that you don't have a leftover installation of jackd or
> ladccad around (from previous attempts at running jack/ladcca). Check
> /usr/local, for example. Are you running both as a normal user?

Not sure what I'm supposed to look for under /usr/local.

I'm running both as a normal user.

--
Rohan Parkes
Melbourne