[PlanetCCRMA] problem running ladcca 0.4.0 on RH9 + CCRMA

Tue Jan 13 12:01:27 2004

> > > This is what I'm seeing. Jack has been started as above.
> > >
> > > [rparkes@akira rparkes]$ ladccad -d ladcca
> > > Connected to JACK server with client name 'LADCCA_Server'
> > > Opened ALSA sequencer with client ID 128
> > > conn_mgr_start: could not look up service name: Servname not
> > supported
> > > for ai_socktype
> >
> > I did some googling around and it looks like the error is linked somehow
> > to lookup of service names in /etc/services. I can't imagine what could
> > be wrong in your setup. You do have /etc/services, right?
>
> okay, i followed the above example, and i get the same error message
> that Rohan got (as before). i searched for leftovers, but i have never
> tried so far to install jack and/or ladcaad other than with apt-get.

Then that's not the reason.

> Fernando, do you run the same 0.4.0 / 0.92 versions of ladcca / jack on
> your RH9 machine?

Yes, same packages.

> i was already subscribed to the ladcca-devel list, so i'll move this
> thread over there now it seems packaging unrelated.

I don't know, it could be that I have something installed that you don't
(another package) but I don't really know what that might be. Let's see
if someone in the ladcca list knows how to debug this problem.

> thanks! CCRMA rocks.... and works most of the time ;-)
Hopefully it's more than 50% of the time :-0
-- Fernando