[PlanetCCRMA] Re: OT - General FC2/RPM/apt question

Shayne O'Connor forums@machinehasnoagenda.com
Fri Dec 10 13:09:01 2004

On Sat, 2004-12-11 at 03:56, Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 00:02:27 +0100, Artem Baguinski <artm@v2.nl> wrote:
>
> > >    How do you all get new stuff downloaded when it's a non-Planet app?
> >
> > i have the following in my /etc/apt/sources.list [1]
> >
> > you can enable and disable the lines from synaptic, that's why i split
> > some repositories in several lines. Fresh RPMs was giving me troubles
> > - they are too fresh i guess. livna is for stuff like mp3 support.
> >
> > i've switched off planetccrma's core / updates because i pull those
> > from fedora.us
> >
> > ah, yeah, and macromedia is for flash plugin. i wish i havent ;-)
> >
> > [1] -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > # Package repository URLs
> >
> > # Planet CCRMA for Fedora Core 2
> > # Main site, CCRMA, California, USA
> >
> > # rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/ fedora/2/i386 core updates
> > rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/ fedora/2/i386 planetccrma
> > rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/ fedora/2/i386 planetcore
> > rpm-src http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/ fedora/2/i386 planetccrma
> >
> > # Livna (non US packages)
> >
> > rpm http://rpm.livna.org/ fedora/2/i386 stable
> > rpm-src http://rpm.livna.org/ fedora/2/i386 stable
> >
> > rpm http://rpm.livna.org/ fedora/2/i386 unstable
> > rpm-src http://rpm.livna.org/ fedora/2/i386 unstable
> >
> > rpm http://rpm.livna.org/ fedora/2/i386 testing
> > rpm-src http://rpm.livna.org/ fedora/2/i386 testing
> >
> > # Macromedia
> >
> > rpm http://macromedia.mplug.org/apt/ fedora/2 macromedia
> >
> > # Fresh RPMs
> >
> > # rpm http://ayo.freshrpms.net/ fedora/linux/2/i386 core updates freshrpms
> > # rpm http://ayo.freshrpms.net/ fedora/linux/2/i386 tupdates
> > # rpm-src http://ayo.freshrpms.net/ fedora/linux/2/i386 core updates freshrpms
> > # rpm-src http://ayo.freshrpms.net/ fedora/linux/2/i386 tupdates
> >
> > # fedora.us mirror
> >
> > rpm ftp://ftp.quicknet.nl/pub/Linux/ftp.fedora.us/fedora/ fedora/2/i386 os stable updates
> > rpm-src ftp://ftp.quicknet.nl/pub/Linux/ftp.fedora.us/fedora/ fedora/2/i386 os stable updates
> >
> > rpm ftp://ftp.quicknet.nl/pub/Linux/ftp.fedora.us/fedora/ fedora/2/i386 unstable
> > rpm-src ftp://ftp.quicknet.nl/pub/Linux/ftp.fedora.us/fedora/ fedora/2/i386 unstable
> >
> > rpm ftp://ftp.quicknet.nl/pub/Linux/ftp.fedora.us/fedora/ fedora/2/i386 testing
> > rpm-src ftp://ftp.quicknet.nl/pub/Linux/ftp.fedora.us/fedora/ fedora/2/i386 testing
>
> OK, so I tried adding everything from Macromedia down just to see what
> Synaptic would tell me. I'm looking for cups-pdf so that I can get pdf
> printing set up. Still I don't find it. I did an apt-get update and
> saw it download info from these other repositories.
>
> It's unclear to me how to make an FC2 machine know where to aquire the
> stuff I need for everyday life. (OT for a Planet list, I know, but
> appropriate for a household trying to switch to Linux.)

if you're not having any luck with the livna/fedora.us combo, then maybe
do a search on whatever rpm you're after here:

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/2/simple/2

i did a search on cups-pdf, but couldn't find anything ... maybe you'll
have to build it yourself ... otoh - i don't remember installing that
package, but i'm sure i can still print pdf documents ...

shayne