[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora Redhat and Planet CCRMA

Fri Sep 26 09:43:01 2003

> What does the Fedora Project mean for Planet CCRMA? Are future Planet
> CCRMA releases based on Fedora or are Planet CCRMA packages integrated
> in the Fedora repository?
>
> see http://fedora.redhat.com/

Future Planet CCRMA releases will be bases on Fedora as that is going to
be the "RedHat" of the future :-) The second beta of the upcoming
release was unleashed yesterday under the Fedora name. It would be
really nice to integrate more tightly with the Fedora project, of
course, we'll see what happens (I sent a short note to the Steering
Committe about Planet CCRMA).

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 04:32, Steve Harris wrote:
> Slightly related: I've heard a roumour that the new up2date supports yum
> (and maybe apt) repositories as well as the RHN channels.

That would certainly be _really_ cool as then Planet CCRMA would be much
better integrated with Fedora from the get go. I'll have to find out more
about this (in my copious free time :-)

-- Fernando