[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora Redhat and Planet CCRMA

smoerk smoerk@gmx.de
Fri Sep 26 09:40:02 2003

Steve Harris wrote:

>>>Slightly related: I've heard a roumour that the new up2date supports yum
>>>(and maybe apt) repositories as well as the RHN channels.
>>
>>i read that it supports yum and apt repositories. btw, what is yum?
>

> Its like apt, but more RPM flavoured. Its supposed to be easier to
> administer and more reliable. It was developed by yellow dog IIRC.

url: http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/

and why doesn't planet ccrma use yum? ;-)

as fedora now supports various yum and apt repositories, it would be
maybe a good idea, if planet ccrma is moving from a own distribution to
a repository which is compatible with fedora. i hope that the 2.6 kernel
  will be suitable for multimedia and audio stuff out of the box.