[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora Redhat and Planet CCRMA

Fri Sep 26 09:52:01 2003

> >>i read that it supports yum and apt repositories. btw, what is yum?
> >
> > Its like apt, but more RPM flavoured. Its supposed to be easier to
> > administer and more reliable. It was developed by yellow dog IIRC.
>
> url: http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/
>
> and why doesn't planet ccrma use yum? ;-)

Free time to learn about it. I would not drop apt either, AFAIK there is
no synaptic equivalent for yum (or is there? maybe synaptic works with
yum also?)

> as fedora now supports various yum and apt repositories, it would be
> maybe a good idea, if planet ccrma is moving from a own distribution to
> a repository which is compatible with fedora. i hope that the 2.6 kernel
> will be suitable for multimedia and audio stuff out of the box.

We are all keeping our fingers crossed that that will turn out to be
true :-) And it will include alsa by default...

-- Fernando