[PlanetCCRMA] Problems with the new kernel

Sampo Savolainen v2@iki.fi
Fri Sep 26 09:14:01 2003

Hello again.

Here are the boot messages after initializing the USB stuff:

Checking root filesystem.
/dev/hda6 is mounted. e2fsck: cannot continue, aborting.

                                                     [FAILED]
*** An error occurred during the file system check.
*** Dropping you to a shell. The system will reboot when you leave.

Then it asks for the root password, etc.

(this is from my notes, not from a log, so spelling, exact phrases,
will differ)

In the shell, if I remount the fs read-only I can run fsck on it, and it
is clean. So everything is fine - except for the read-write -thing...

 Thanks,
  Sampo Savolainen