[PlanetCCRMA] qjackctl start/stop hanging on restart.

Tracey Anne Hytry shakti@bayarea.net
Thu Sep 25 02:44:01 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:32:23 +0100 (WEST)
"Rui Nuno Capela" <rncbc@rncbc.org> wrote:

> It has been reported that in some systems qjackctl hangs pretty badly after
> stopping and restarting the JACK audio daemon, without quitting the
> application.

If you are talking about the situation where it then leaves 3 zombies behind, and they can be gotten rid of by doing a kill -9 on the first one;  that problem seems to have gone away with the latest kernel and qjackctl updates.

I'm sorry that I can't help any more then that, as I don't have the time to (un)setup the system to make it break like that.  And, my technical abilities to track down the problem would be quite dismal.

Luckily, it seems to be working nicely now, but I'll be sure to pass on any problems that arise.

Thanks for posting this to the list.  You have writen a great GUI for jack, and I'd like to say thanks!

Tracey.