New kernels (Re: [PlanetCCRMA] updated: gmorgan, alsa-patch-bay

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen@notam02.no
Mon Sep 22 00:43:02 2003

On Mon, 21 Sep 2003, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> > It might be something with apic, and a new kernel
> > option called "nolapic" might fix the problem. The option was
> > added in the 2.4.23-pre1 kernel, so I'm going to compile up
> > the latest vanilla+ll+cap now to see.
>
> Let me know how it goes. I'll check out 2.4.23-prex to see if it
> compiles easily... (there's _always_ something broken or that does not
> build and I have to disable :-)

Yes, it works! I compiled up 2.4.23-pre4+ll+caps. Without
the lapic option the machine crashed very soon. With the lapic option,
it was stable. I only ran the machine for about 8 hours, but it
did not crash.

I guess this patch should do:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2003/8/25/232