[PlanetCCRMA] more newbie questions -many of them

Mark Knecht markknecht@comcast.net
Sun Sep 21 12:04:00 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 11:53, jonathan segel wrote:
> weekend #2 after planet-ccrma install: i can see this is going to take
> me awhile.
>
> i'm having the most basic of digital audio problems, which is to say:
> clicks and pops. not in all playback programs but many, like
> spiralsynthmodular and amsynth etc..
> obviously some vector size versus buffer size mismatch? where do i start.

Do your clicks and pops correspond to any xrun messages displayed on the
messages page of qjackctl?

Have you tried larger Frames/period and Periods/Buffer settings in
qjackctl?

> i'm very happy to have the qjackctl and jack patch bay to have some
> visual readout of what's happening where.  i have tried different
> settings of SR and frame size, but no luck. should i start changing the
> period/buffer size? i'm using the mainboard's VIA8233 at this point, but
> i am considering moving the RME multiface from my macintosh to this
> computer. (does midi i/o work in the rme linux drivers? it doesn't in OS
> X - rme are very annoyingly self-righteous about their anti-macintosh
> feelings, and not extremely inclined to update their drivers.)

I use MIDI on an RME HDSP 9652. Output works fine. Input seems to have
some problems.

> i found a game port -> midi i/o cable but not sure how to config that
> for the VIA8233 input yet...
>
> last but not least, i seem to have problems with Muse, here is some
> terminal readout:

I cannot help with Muse problems. Sorry.

- Mark