[PlanetCCRMA] connection chaos

Wed Sep 17 09:46:02 2003

> I can't seem to record in ardour. The problem seems to be routing.
> I am trying to record from my sb live line in. In rezound and audacity I
> can choose line in. In ardour I have alsa_pcm:capture1 and capture2.

You can connect from within ardour by clicking on the "INPUT" button in
the corresponding mixer strip, select either Edit or the input you want.
That should do it.

> I am guessing I need a patchbay to connect sblive to alsa???
> but playing with alsa patch bay I saw the following error.

You can also use an external patchbay, the one to use would be
qjackconnect (alsa-patch-bay deals with alsa midi sequencer
connections), or the connections tab in qjackctl if you are using it to
start jack.

-- Fernando