[PlanetCCRMA] connection chaos

Aaron aamehl@bezeqint.net
Wed Sep 17 09:32:00 2003

I can't seem to record in ardour. The problem seems to be routing.
I am trying to record from my sb live line in. In rezound and audacity I
can choose line in. In ardour I have alsa_pcm:capture1 and capture2.

I am guessing I need a patchbay to connect sblive to alsa???
but playing with alsa patch bay I saw the following error.

[root@bzq-218-14-208 drive2]# alsa-patch-bay
cca_open_socket: error connecting to destination 'localhost:14541':
Connection refused
cca_comm_connect_to_server: could not create server connection
cca_init: could not connect to server 'localhost:14541' - disabling
ladcca
Could not connect to LADCCA server; LADCCA disabled
Subscription 'Rawmidi 0 - EMU10K1 MPU-401 (UART)::
EMU10K1 MPU-401 (UART)' -> 'Rawmidi 0 - EMU10K1 MPU-401 (UART)::
EMU10K1 MPU-401 (UART)' succeeded
[root@bzq-218-14-208 drive2]#

could some kind soul help me record with ardour???
Thanks