[PlanetCCRMA] Getting up to date

Mark Knecht markknecht@comcast.net
Sun Nov 30 13:08:01 2003

Hi,
   I've neglected getting my Planet box up to date, but now need to.
(Comparison testing between GigaStudio and some future fun Linux stuff.)
   I'm a little confused by the following messages. I have a 2.4.21 and
2.4.22 kernel on this machine, and I'm booting into the 2.4.22 version.
Alsa is running, I can start qjackctl, so I presume the version of Alsa
installed is the correct version for this 2.4.22 kernel. If that's the
case, why am I getting the messages below?

   I'm sure I've just forgotten some simple step. What is it? Do I need
updates to apt files possibly?

   All ideas welcomed.

Thanks,
Mark

[root@localhost root]# uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.4.22-6.ll.rh90 #1 Wed Sep 10 16:18:55 PDT
2003
i686 i686
i386 GNU/Linux
[root@localhost root]# apt-get install gkrellm
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
  alsa-kernel-2.4.20-20.1.caps.rh90: Depends: kernel-version (=
2.4.20-20.1.caps.rh90)
                                     Depends: kernel-version-arch (=
2.4.20-20.1.caps.rh90-i686)
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
specify
a solution).
[root@localhost root]#