[PlanetCCRMA] Getting up to date

Mark Knecht markknecht@comcast.net
Sun Nov 30 13:57:01 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-30 at 15:32, Aaron Trumm wrote:
> I had stuff like that when I was building my patched ALSA stuff - obviously
> it's a matter of kernel/alsa kernel compatibilities and architectures and
> such - there's so many different versions of everything, what with building
> for different architectures
>
> my brain still doesn't keep track of it all too well - I ended up sort of
> starting from scratch, making sure to have the same arcitectures and
> such...I'm sure Fernando and others more knowledgeable will chime in but I
> know 2.4.20-20.1.caps.rh90 and 2.4.20-20.1.caps.rh90-i686 are two different
> entities and if one thing is built with the former in mind and another with
> the latter, they won't like eachother - but isn't it relatively easy to work
> around this by editing the .spec file?
>
> sorry if I'm not very clear just now I'm not in my tech head :)

Aaron,
   It's OK if you're not totally clear. I'm sure I'm not being totally
clear also.

   Since I wrote that first note I've run synaptic. It's showing I've
got the alsa-kernel-2.4.20-20.l.caps.rh90 marked in total red. I guess
that probably means it's so old it isn't supported anymore? I also have
two other alsa-kernel's installed - 2.4.21-1.ll.acpi and
2.4.22-6.ll.rh90, which I think I'm running.

   I uninstalled the two old kernels and now I'm not getting these
messages, so I guess that's what the message was instructing me to do.
;-)

   Have a great weekend, and thanks!

Cheers,
Mark