[PlanetCCRMA] Keeping Alsa loaded

Brad Kligerman bkliger@club-internet.fr
Sat Nov 8 12:17:01 2003

Hi again/

I got my sound card configured with Alsa following the installation
instructions without any problems (though I had others). I'm not sure
why, but everytime I re-boot, either as root or as a normal user, the
OSS sound modules seem to be loaded. I go through the alsaconf process
and tweak the /etc/modules.conf file to get them reloaded, but I always
end up back in the old drivers when I re-boot.
My /etc/modules.conf has been modified so much that I don't know where
it should be at anymore. How can I get this back to normal?

/brad.

/etc/modules.conf:
alias eth0 e100
alias usb-controller usb-uhci
alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394

#--- Keep modules from being autocleaned
add options -k snd-card-0
#--- ALSA configuration END
# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 0.9.0 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
options snd major=116 cards_limit=1
options snd-intel8x0 index=0
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

alias sound-slot-0 i810_audio
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L
>/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S