[PlanetCCRMA] Can't compile video drivers against new kernel under RH 9

Rohan Parkes rparkes@email.com
Mon May 26 09:05:02 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 17:38, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 05:11:45PM +1000, Rohan Parkes wrote:
> >
> > I'm using the low latency kernel from CCMRA.
> >
> > In order to install the NVidia drivers for my card, I have to recompile
> > them against the source for the running kernel. I was able to do this
> > with RH 8 without any trouble, but after having upgraded to RH 9, I get
> > an error message saying that the compiler used to compile the drivers is
> > different to the one used to compile the running kernel.
>
> Just set IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH and it will work fine. If you want suspend to
> ram to work then you have to hack one of the source files and disable AGP
> mode, otherwise it works fine.

Thanks - I saw that advice in the log, but mistakenly thought it was
meant as a parameter to the script, since they don't say what to set it
to (1 seemed to work).

--
Rohan Parkes <rparkes@email.com>