[PlanetCCRMA] Can't compile video drivers against new kernel under RH 9

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon May 26 00:39:01 2003

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 05:11:45PM +1000, Rohan Parkes wrote:

> I'm using the low latency kernel from CCMRA.
>
> In order to install the NVidia drivers for my card, I have to recompile
> them against the source for the running kernel. I was able to do this
> with RH 8 without any trouble, but after having upgraded to RH 9, I get
> an error message saying that the compiler used to compile the drivers is
> different to the one used to compile the running kernel.

Just set IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH and it will work fine. If you want suspend to
ram to work then you have to hack one of the source files and disable AGP
mode, otherwise it works fine.

- Steve