[PlanetCCRMA] hda: Scheduling in Interrupt

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc@rncbc.org
Sun May 11 04:24:02 2003

I remember to have this precise problem on planetccrma-core-smp's packaged
kernel (2.4.20.ll.acpismp). And that was discussed in this list before,
under the "Kernel 2.4.20-4.ll.acpi(smp) panic!" subject line.

The way I've found for success was rebuilding my own
low-latency-preemptible-variable-hz-capabilities linux kernel WITHOUT
highmem support (4GB off).

Currently I'm running a fully patched 2.4.21-rc1 kernel very happilly.
Most of the patches, other than stock ones, were taken from planetccrma's
source kernel package (.src.rpm) with the only exception of one small
manual tweak on rtc related patch.

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela