[PlanetCCRMA] updating drivers for 2.4.19-ll

Anders Vinjar andersvi@notam02.no
Thu Jan 30 00:36:01 2003

I cant get any net-connection when booting my 2.4.19-1.ll kernel.
Hopefully some of you with experience with Planet-CCRMAs kernel and
ADSL-connections might help me.

I use an ADSL-connection out of my house, and using the 2.4.18-14
kernel everything is setup automatically by the 'Internet
Configuration Wizard'.

The driver giving me trouble (i assume) is 'nvnet' from
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=linux

I assume i need an updated nvnet driver for my new 2.4.19-1.ll-kernel,
and have tried compiling it from sources following the suggestions in
preceding posts relating to this.  'make' and 'make install' of the
downloaded package seem to run without troubles.  I did this while
having booted the 2.4.19-1.ll kernel.

But im out of luck when trying to activate the network.  It does some
attempts and dies.

Might it be related to the various ppp_* modules instead?

Or maybe it has to do with the version of cc.

Any clues?

-anders