[PlanetCCRMA] qjackctl when minimized

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Fri Aug 29 07:49:01 2003

> I'm using gnome, and all my other windows have minimise, so I've no idea.
> Maybe its hinted as a dialogue or something.
>
> - Steve

Interesting. How do you find Gnome for doing audio/realtime stuff? Have you
had to customize it much to get it to work well?

KDE had so much going on that I just bailed and went to fluxbox only when I
went to Gentoo. Also, running under Gentoo I didn't want to keep updating
KDE as little minor stuff comes out as this distro requires me to do a lot
of what Fernando does for us on our Redhat boxes. Under fluxbox I like it
when I say 'ps aux' that I only get about 15 items. Simple Minds - simple
environments. ;-)

I still use Redhat, BTW, on my second Linux box. The Planet just makes it
all so simple. Maybe I should try Gnome there just to see what it's like
these days.

Thanks,
Mark