[PlanetCCRMA] jack capture ports only

Sun Aug 17 14:30:02 2003

>    I wonder if someone could check Jack's -C option to see if Jack
> actually runs when this option is used. I find that Jack seems to start,
> and according to the terminal and qjackconnect, only capture ports are
> created, but then Jack doesn't really do anything. MY commands:
>
> jackd -v -d alsa -C -r 44100 -p 128 -n 2 -d hw
>
> The -P option does seem to work, as does no option which creates both
> capture and playback ports. Just the -C option is failing in my case.

It fails more spectacularly in my case:

$ jackstart -R -d alsa -d hw -C
back from read, ret = 1 errno == Success
jackd 0.75.0
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

JACK compiled with System V SHM support
creating alsa driver ... hw|hw|1024|2|48000|nomon|swmeter|rt
open
jackstart: pcm.c:5959: snd_pcm_mmap_begin: Assertion `pcm && areas &&
offset &&
frames' failed.
received signal 6 during shutdown (ignored)

Sounds like a bug...
(I'm also running alsa 0.9.6 cvs so that might be a factor as well)
-- Fernando