[PlanetCCRMA] updates: another storm...

Tue Aug 19 10:47:00 2003

> When I did an "Upgrade All" via Synaptic, it hung, with a window with
> the text "Rebuilding clm foreign function interface" open and the
> following in the terminal window from which I started synaptic:
>
> Error in function USE-PACKAGE:
>    Use'ing package C-CALL results in name conflicts for these symbols:
> (DOUBLE INT)
>
> Restarts:
>   0: [CONTINUE] Unintern the conflicting symbols in the CLM package.
>   1: [ABORT   ] Skip remaining initializations.
>
> Debug  (type H for help)
>
> (USE-PACKAGE "C-CALL" #<The CLM package, 1332/2387 internal, 769/1184
> external>)Source: Error finding source:
> Error in function DEBUG::GET-FILE-TOP-LEVEL-FORM:  Source file no longer
> exists:  target:code/package.lisp.
> 0]

I just got another report with this problem so I'm reverting to the old
1.0-19 version for now.

I just found out what is happening, the update process is installing the
new cmucl-cm-clm-cmn package _before_ the corresponding source packages
so that the foreign function interface rebuild fails (because it is
trying to use the source that corresponds to the older version for
that). Anyway, I have to find a way to force the source packages to be
upgraded first...

> Once I quit out of it (following the Lisp prompts just got me deeper,
> until I "kill -15"ed synaptic), running synaptic again and doing an
> Update Lists got me a window with the following:
>
> > There are multiple versions of "cmucl-cm-clm-cmn" in your system.
> >
> > This package won't be cleanly updated, unless you leave
> > only one version. To leave multiple versions installed,
> > you may remove that warning by setting the following
> > option in your configuration file:
> >
> > RPM::Allow-Duplicated { "^cmucl-cm-clm-cmn$"; };
> >
> > To disable these warnings completely set:
> >
> > RPM::Allow-Duplicated-Warning "false";

You can fix this by doing a:
  rpm -e --allmatches cmucl-cm-clm-cmn
  rpm -e clm-source cm-source cmn-source