[PlanetCCRMA] jackstart

Mark Knecht markknecht@comcast.net
Sat Aug 16 21:27:01 2003

On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 20:36, Aaron wrote:

> root@bzq-218-14-208 web]# jackd -d alsa -d hw:0

> ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1055:(snd_pcm_hw_open) open /dev/snd/pcmC0D0c failed:
> Device or resource busy

Aaron,
   I think you may have some sort of sound app that is running in the
background. For Jack to run it must be the only Alsa client.

   Are you running KDE? If so, you may have arts running as part of the
default KDE installation. Turn it off in the configuration area of KDE.

   If you are running Gnome I cannot help, but would give the same basic
advice - make sure no other sound apps are active.

Cheers,
Mark