[PlanetCCRMA] Downloaded kernel 2.4.19-1.ll but having X window problems now

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Sep 15 02:42:01 2002

On Sat, Sep 14, 2002 at 07:51:39 -0400, Jim Ruxton wrote:
> Hi, Just wondering if anyone can help me out with this. I downloaded and
> installed the 2.4.19-1.ll kernel from planetccrma. When I went to load
> X  it wouldn't start. I guess because my video drivers were compiled
> with kernel 2.4.9-34, my previous kernel. I have a laptop with an Nvidia
> card. I tried compiling the Nvidia kernel driver when in 2.4.19-1.ll  with:

Are you using the nvidia supplied .tar.gz driver package, this is the one
that works best for me. I think you have to ensure that /usr/src/linux
points to your current kernel source, but other than that itsa easy. ITs
what I used on my dell 8100 with 2.4.9+ll.

- Steve