[PlanetCCRMA] Downloaded kernel 2.4.19-1.ll but having X window problems now

Jim Ruxton cinetron@passport.ca
Sat Sep 14 16:53:01 2002

Hi, Just wondering if anyone can help me out with this. I downloaded and
installed the 2.4.19-1.ll kernel from planetccrma. When I went to load
X  it wouldn't start. I guess because my video drivers were compiled
with kernel 2.4.9-34, my previous kernel. I have a laptop with an Nvidia
card. I tried compiling the Nvidia kernel driver when in 2.4.19-1.ll  with:
make install -SYSINFO=/lib/modules/2.4.19-1.ll/build/include/linux
 (where I assume the headers are ) but I couldn't get it to work. I also
tried using the headers in /usr/src/linux-2.4.19-1.ll/include/linux
which I downloaded from kernel.org . Still no luck. Anyone have any
thoughts on how I can get this kernel to work with my Nvidia drivers. Thanks
Jim