[PlanetCCRMA] Suddenly no midi (fwd)

Carr Wilkerson carrlane@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sat Sep 14 16:31:00 2002

I forgot to say that pd doesn't complain...  and that the midisport is
flashing away like it's got somthin' to say (normal light indication).
--
Carr L. Wilkerson, Jr.
Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics (CCRMA)
http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/~carrlane

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 16:07:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: Carr Wilkerson <carrlane@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
To: planetccrma <planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: [PlanetCCRMA] Suddenly no midi

Hi list,
	Yesterday I had great midi message transfer from Midisport 2x2.
Today, I start pd with the pd -mididev 3 command that worked yesterday,
and now the "test audio and midi" "note in" shows no sig.  I was stupid
enough to try to install festival (text to speech software) last night,
but since there wasn't an rpm, I got bogged down in the details and quit.
I'm afraid that my zeolousness spawned from the sucesses in getting planet
ccrma set up on my laptop has now caught up with me.  I should have just
left well enough alone.

Any ideas?

Carr