[PlanetCCRMA] More JACK Problems

Sun Nov 17 18:38:01 2002

>     OK.  After running jack_lsp, I started AlsaPlayer and then ran
> jack_lsp again.  I got the following when trying to run jack_lsp after
> starting alsaplayer with alsaplayer -o jack:
>
>         could not attach as client (dulplicate client name?)
>         jack server not running?
>
> I checked again to make sure that jack was running and it was, and I
> still had alsaplayer up.  Any ideas?

This is strange. Maybe you are not running all the processes under the
same user? That is, if you start jackd as root the clients also have to
be started as root, if you start it as a normal user (through jackstart)
the clients have to be started by the same user that started jack.
Otherwise they will not be able to access the jack server.

-- Fernando