[PlanetCCRMA] More JACK Problems

Michael H. Smith mhslaw@bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 17 18:45:02 2002

Mark Knecht wrote:

>Well, this is trying my patience? How about yours?
>
>I get the feeling that there is something just fundamentally wrong:
>
>1) How many jack processes do you see when you do a 'ps -aux'?
>
>2) Have you tried a reboot just to clear everything out and go clean?
>
>3) Have you double checked your mixer settings?
>
>4) Can you play wave files with aplay?
>
>I'm getting pretty near the end of my idea stream. This is weird.
>
>Mark

This is definitely trying my patience.

1) When I run pxs -aux, I see two jackstart processes, but when I kill
one, it stops jack             altogether.

2) I double checked the mixer settings several times over the day and
everything looks fine.

3)  I rebooted a few times and it made no difference.

4)  When Jack is not running, I can play wav files with aplay, but when
jack is up, aplay will not work.

And finally, in answer to Fernando's question, I ran all the processes
as the same normal user.

I think I'm going to give up for now and try again another day.  I've
been at this almost all day.

Mike