[Jackit-devel] Re: [PlanetCCRMA] jack memory leak?

Jeremy Hall jhall@UU.NET
Wed Nov 13 19:27:01 2002

I didn't mean to come across strongly--I was probably more direct than I
should have been.  The free memory in top can sometimes be a bit
misleading.  Sometimes, the kernel will grab unused memory for buffers and
its cache. (so if you use a program a lot, like ls, it might keep the
directory structure in memory) or if lots of processes want to use the
same file, the kernel might keep it around in memory for faster access.

Yeah it seems strange to me that all the jackd processes would use the
same amount of memory, maybe it is the result of a fork or something.

I enjoy working these little things out, and am not at all intending to
fuss at you.

_J