[PlanetCCRMA] updated: snd to 6.3-1, more on usb midi

Thu Nov 14 12:01:11 2002

Hi fellow planet travellers!

* snd has been updated to 6.3-1

Re: usb midi:

There is now an alternative to the existing open source usb midi
firmware for the Midisport 1x1 and 2x2 interfaces that makes it possible
to use the 4x4, 8x8 and Oxygen8, at least till the open source firmware
catches up. It extracts and uses the firmware that comes with the
Windows drivers from Midiman. Regretfully it needs a very recent alsa
(because they added the midiman protocol to the usb code). And I can't
seem to get muse to work with the new alsa (it has problems when sending
over midi). So until I (or somebody else) can debug that, so that I can
release a newer version of alsa, the new way of loading usb-midi
firmware will have to wait.

I will release a newer version of the ezusbmidi package with newer
drivers and a new version of hotplug that makes everything easier to
install (no need to tweak configuration files!). More news latter.

-- Fernando