[PlanetCCRMA] alsaconf & RH8.0

Tue Nov 5 10:56:02 2002

> i had upgraded to rh8.0 (from rh7.3). i run alsaconf (downloaded from
> ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/tiwai/misc/) that put in
> "/etc/modules.conf" all line needed to configure my sound device:
> "alias char-major-116 snd alias snd-card-0 snd-fm801".....etc.
>
> it is OK but
>
> all lines concerned other devices es. "alias eth0 8139too alias
> usb-controller usb-uhci"....etc. are erased.

It is not supposed to do that (at most it should erase the entries that
correspond to the oss sound driver so that they cannot interfere with the
alsa setup). I'll check to see if there were changes in the script. I do
have an rpm for alsaconf that is part of planet ccrma, last time I used it
it was working fine.

-- Fernando