[PlanetCCRMA] amixer compile and ams runtime message question

Mon Dec 9 19:43:01 2002

> I get this message when attempting to configure
> xamixer2-0.1.3 or xamixer2-0.1.3;
>
> checking for ALSA LDFLAGS...  -lasound
> checking for libasound headers version >= 0.1.3...
> found.
> checking for snd_cards in -lasound... no
> configure: error: No linkable libasound was found.
>
> Then the configure stops.

xamixer only works with older versions of alsa, it has not been upgraded
to the latest api in alsa 0.9... You can use gamix for the same purpose
(it is part of the Planet CCRMA repository).

> Also when starting ams I get a (seemingly harmless);
>
> ams: /usr/lib/libasound.so.2: no version information
> available (required by ams)
>
> I have the ccrma alsa-lib package installed, any thoughts?

You can safely ignore the warning.

-- Fernando