[PlanetCCRMA] Kernel Source rpms.

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Dec 9 02:31:01 2002

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 04:54:33 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
>    To you know of any similar way to label a swap partition? If I had an
> answer to that one I would need Fernando to do anything at all at the
> kernel level.

No, beacuse the label belongs to the ext2/3 filesystem, not the
partition.

Some options:

It might be possible to pass the location of the swap in as a kernel
option, so you could set it for each kernel in lilo/grub, but I dont know.

You could not specify it in /etc/fstab and manualy start the swap in
rc.local, depending on the kernel (see swapon(8)).

You could use a swap file, not a partition, but that would probably affect
performance.

- Steve