[PlanetCCRMA] Kernel Source rpms.

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Mon Dec 9 07:06:01 2002

Steve,
   Yes, I sort of understood that this was an ext2/3 goodie. I had run
into it earlier when deciding how to mount 1394 drives. There you have
the problem of hot plugging. If you plug more than one 1394 drive, you
don't know which on is sda and which one is sdb. I needed to use FAT and
couldn't use the label trick.

   Once I get Fernando's kernel up and running, I'll probably not need
to boot into multiple kernels and this problem will go away. However,
it's still a bother that we do not know why the Planet kernel sees the
hard disks differently than the RH kernel.

   Thanks for your help. It's nice to know how to do this.

Cheers,
Mark