[neuromusiclab] Recruiting subjects for Mandarin Tone Perception Study

Bernard berneezy at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Jan 15 23:51:06 PST 2021

Hi everyone,

Takako and I have made a new online experiment to study Mandarin tone
perception and we are looking for volunteers to help us conduct
test-runs of the experiment.  The test typically takes about 15 minutes
or less to complete.

We are looking for either native speakers of Mandarin (at least
high-school education), or people who don't have any experience in tonal
languages.
Tonal languages include any dialect of Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai,
Punjabi, Yorùbá, Igbo, Luganda, Ewe, Zulu etc. Please note: even if you
haven't formally learned any tonal languages, if you have lived in a
tonal language speaking country for over 3 months, that would exclude
you as a candidate.

If you fit in either one of these two criteria and are willing to help
our pilot testing (finish it in one sitting without a substantial
break), please let me know.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Best,
Bernard