[LAC-19] LAC-19

Romain Michon rmichon at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sun Aug 5 23:14:55 PDT 2018

> Yep, I had heard about the plans for coming back to Stanford a while ago
> (it was already rumored in St. Etienne, right?).

Yeah, sort of... We volunteered to be a "back up plan" for the 2018 edition
but that didn't work out.

> So, if you think I am the adequate (or the only available? ;-) person to do
> this, I'll happily be your "Paper review process organizer" again.

You'll be perfect at it, as usual. Plus very few people are crazy enough to
take on this kind of responsibility ;).

> The success
> of that of course greatly depends on the availability of reviewers, but I
> had no problems in finding enough people in the last years when I was
> involved.

Yeah, shouldn't be a problem. In case, I'm sure a few people at CCRMA would
qualify and like to help with that...

> So, March 2019 then as the next LAC date, hm..I might be sent to the US by
> my
> employer around that time for a job rotation, which would make
> participating a
> possibility for me even (I'd work in Folsom for 2 months, near Sacramento,
> so
> just some 150km from Stanford).
> That would be really cool since I am not sure if I'd come based entirely on
> my own expenses.. :-).

Sounds perfect! The bay area is much nicer than Folsom and would be a good
break from it.

Cheers,

Romain