[LAC-19] LAC-19

Frank Neumann beachnase at web.de
Sun Aug 5 16:04:26 PDT 2018

Hi Romain and all,

> First, I hope this e-mail finds you well!
>
> You might have heard the rumor, but we're trying to organize LAC at CCRMA
> next year ;). We're putting together a small proposal to describe the
> project that I attached with this e-mail. The plan is to send it to the
> LAC-team mailing list as soon as possible to get bowls rolling.
>
> In that context, we were wondering if you would accept to be the paper
> chair :). You'll see that your name already appears in the attached
> proposal (just in case ;) ). Your experience would super helpful.
>
> If you agree, we can start putting together the CfP, setting up the
> submission portal, etc.

Yep, I had heard about the plans for coming back to Stanford a while ago
(it was already rumored in St. Etienne, right?).

So, if you think I am the adequate (or the only available? ;-) person to do
this, I'll happily be your "Paper review process organizer" again. The success
of that of course greatly depends on the availability of reviewers, but I
had no problems in finding enough people in the last years when I was
involved.

So, March 2019 then as the next LAC date, hm..I might be sent to the US by my
employer around that time for a job rotation, which would make participating a
possibility for me even (I'd work in Folsom for 2 months, near Sacramento, so
just some 150km from Stanford).
That would be really cool since I am not sure if I'd come based entirely on
my own expenses.. :-).

Greetings, and happy preparations for now,
Frank