[Grads] [PhDs] Hello from this year's CCRMA Grad Rep!

kunwoo at ccrma.Stanford.EDU kunwoo at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Sep 15 00:06:22 PDT 2022

Hello CCRMA Grads!

I'm excited to say that I'll be in service of the CCRMA community as a
grad rep this year! Thank you Barbara for the previous year!
For those who are new to CCRMA, my name is Kunwoo and I'm an MA/MST
graduate and a 4th year PhD Candidate at CCRMA! Welcome!

This grad rep position was created a few years ago and it serves as one
of the three reps in the Music Department (CCRMA, Musicology, and
Composition). A new rep is elected every academic year.

My role is mostly a mediator between students and faculties at CCRMA and
the Music Department as a whole. I collect questions, opinions, ideas,
and concerns of fellow CCRMA graduate students and help convey them to
the faculty. The process does not reveal the identity of the source, nor
have my personal voice mixed in. Please feel free to talk to me anytime
(I mostly dwell in the VR Lab!), email me, or message me (650-798-7906)
on any kind of question/opinion/idea/concern/thought you have. I promise
to keep anything you share with me fully confidential. If you need a
person to listen with an open heart, I'll be there! I'll also do my best
to direct you to Stanford resources that may remedy your concerns, if
needed!

My other role is to organize a Town Hall with Nette and Matt once per
quarter as one of our Colloquiums. We can have open discussions on
topics you address. I'll be collecting them by sending out an anonymous
form a week or two before the Town Hall.

I'm really excited about this year as COVID is almost passing by (still
crossing my fingers tho!). It will be a year of rebuilding our
community. One of my favorite quotes is, "The ground solidifies after
rain". I hope we share fun, care, friendship, inclusion, and also
different kinds of hardships in the rebuilding process!

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Thank you,
Kunwoo