[CM] cm2/cm.asd -> ASDF-3 ?

Torsten Anders Torsten.Anders at beds.ac.uk
Tue Mar 29 15:48:58 PDT 2016

>> Has anyone seen a ASDF-3 compatible cm2/cm.asd?
> Sometimes I use the attached simplified cm.asd (without "pm" and "rt"
> to work with my cl tool).

Thanks for sharing that. It would be nice to be able to combine Common Music and PWGL...

Unfortunately, I immediately run into an error when loading this.

  An error occured: Symbol "LOAD-SYSTEM" not found at all in the ASDF package.

Note that asdf:load-system is used in the function definition of use-system.

I tried it using the LispWorks compiler that comes with PWGL, which seemingly includes ASDF version 1.130. The keyword :ASDF is part of *features*, but not :asdf2 nor :asdf3 (I used a tip at the following link to find out the exact version, https://common-lisp.net/project/asdf/asdf/How-do-I-detect-the-ASDF-version_003f.html#How-do-I-detect-the-ASDF-version_003f).

Mika: The ASDF doc recommends

> If it returns anything older than "3.0.1", you really need to upgrade your implementation or at least upgrade its ASDF

Any plans to update at some stage?

https://common-lisp.net/project/asdf/asdf/Replacing-your-implementation_0027s-ASDF.html#Replacing-your-implementation_0027s-ASDF

Thanks!

Best wishes,