[CM] cm2 on GracCL

Matti Koskinen mjkoskin at kolumbus.fi
Sat Apr 2 14:39:35 PDT 2016

> On 2 Apr 2016, at 10:14 pm, bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU <mailto:bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
>
> s7 getters and setters are handled via either procedure-setter (settable),
> or dilambda (equivalent to Guile's procedure-with-setter).  Generic functions and CLOS-like objects are handled through environments (known as lets in s7). You can use define-class and all that ancient clanking machinery, but I've never found a need for it.  Inheritance is just a matter of chaining lets together, and methods are just fields (bindings) in the let (and all built-in functions can handle them, so in that sense, every function in s7 is generic). Setters and getters here come "for free" via the implicit indexing syntax. There are examples in s7.html.
>
> There are lots of spectral processing functions in Snd,
> (in the scheme/forth files); I think you could use these in
> a Snd-less clm without trouble.
>
> Although I keep clm going in sbcl and clisp, I really don't
> want to debug anything in CL.

thnaks,

Torsten, I’ve tried sometime SuperCollider, but newer got interested enough to learn it more profoundly.

Bill, I remember your mail long ago why you changed from lisp to scheme :-) My one problem is that I should really learn scheme as well  as my(poor) knowledge of lisp.

Today I recorded more than three hours of outdoor sounds, mostly cars passing by. I downgraded this Mac back to Yosemite, and of course I can’t activate Wavelab Elements 8. As my photographer poor career needs Adobe CC, I installed Audition CC, and something can be extracted between the car sounds, but Audition is really not comparable wit Wlab

ynx

-m

ps

sorry Bill, first went to hou only