[CM] Snd with alsa and jack, flac conversion, motif/gtk

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Mon Jun 8 12:49:16 PDT 2015

Hi list,

sorry, this is three questions in one email.

Trying to compile snd on Debian with alsa and jack support enabled at
the same time. However giving both configure options --with-jack and
--with-alsa will yield a summary that says that alsa will be used only.

Is there a way to have snd use both audio backends, ie. falling back to
alsa if no jackd is running?

My other question is:
Snd automatically converts flac files into .snd files when opening them.
Is there a way to have snd read the audio data into memory without
writing an .snd file every time?

What would be my preference wrt. using motif or gtk on Debian? I can
compile both versions, like the option of using openGL in motif, but had
snd/motif crash as well. Any advice is very welcome!

thanks again!
Peter