[CM] Several questions

Heinrich Taube taube at illinois.edu
Wed May 28 04:49:28 PDT 2014

> Not the case on the Mac. Every time I rerun Grace, and display the working directory, it is set to "".

thanks, Ill try to fix this soon, its not misbehaving on my mac so Ill have to try a machine that doesn't have grace running on it.

> This page https://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/snd/snd/sndscm.html#withsound shows all sort of sound manipulations with Snd. I wonder if it is possible to run Snd from Grace or if it is an independant application.

Snd is a different app than Grace.YOu could probably start the Snd app running while inside Grace (shell "/usr/local/snd") or whatever, but it would run in an entirely different process than Grace.

but your link was pointing to with-sound , which is a scheme macro for generating sound in clm  if you are asking about using with-sound in Grace then the answer is yes, its built into Grace:

(load "v.scm")

(with-sound ()
(loop for i to 10
    do
    (fm-violin (* .5 i) .75 (between 110 880) .2 ))

I hope Im answering your Question!