[CM] cm in juce 2.0, jack

Heinrich Taube taube at illinois.edu
Tue Sep 18 07:32:33 PDT 2012

On Sep 18, 2012, at 9:10 AM, Dave Phillips wrote:

> Hi Rick,
>
> A quick note to mention that I built and ran the JuceDemo on my Ubuntu box. It works fine, but there's no JACK selection in the Audio Tests tab.

your demo probably doesn't have jack turned on (JUCE_JACK)

but don't worry about this, just try rebuilding the latest cm from scratch and see if it segfaults on ubuntu, i just tried it and it does not segfault

do this

cd cm
svn update
premake4 --clean
premake4 --jack
make

at that point you will have Grace with juce enabled for Jack support. Then switching from Alsa to Jack in Grace's Audio Settings panel does not segfault for me.
but i don't have jack connection to test as i cannot figure jack out.  but sergey had even that working i think:

>> Here is what my jack connections look like in patchage:
>>
>>  http://img1.imagilive.com/0912/cm-svn-patchage.png
>>

> How do I specify a debug build for the CM/Grace trunk ?

premake4 clean
premake4 --jack
make config=debug

that'll compile juce and grace with assertions to stdio.  lookout!