[CM] slippery chicken release

Bill Schottstaedt bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sun May 27 11:07:50 PDT 2012

> bill has tinyclos running in s7

I think tinyclos will be slow -- I stopped using it in my standard tests
because I got impatient.  But s7 has what I think is a really elegant
"native" object system, but without the objects or the system!  I use
environments, as before, but now (today) all the built-in functions know
about this stuff -- I added an example in s7.html that adds quaternions
to the numbers.  My timing tests indicate that this slows s7 down
by less than 1% overall -- in most cases, there's no difference
in speed.  All that CLOS syntactic boilerplate -- gone!  All those
ugly type names like godforbid <integer> -- gone!  Even my
cat is happy and he's a grouch.