[CM] Fomus on Ubuntu

Peter O'Doherty mail at peterodoherty.net
Sat Aug 20 05:20:26 PDT 2011

On 08/19/2011 11:58 PM, Heinrich Taube wrote:
> On Aug 19, 2011, at 2:52 PM, Peter O'Doherty wrote:
>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>
> maybe you aren't doing anything wrong -- i remember on linux i had to
> do some sort of port connection in jack., ie in addtino to selectin a
> port in cm.  im sorry but i cant even remember the name of the jack
> app i had to use to do this,  'jackctrl' or someting?  then the dialog
> itself was a bit confunsion --  sorry it was all rather complicated
> and i cant remember but i think you need to do the jack stuff after
> you started cm
>
> you might find it easier to forget the midi port connecting and just
> write a midi file instead and then use cm's (shell ) function to
> start timidity with the file name. i think there might even be a file
> hook that  you can use to do this automatically after the file is
> written.

One more question.

I'm probably missing something really simple but what do I need to add
to this simple example to enable midi output as well as fomus?

process examp1 (n, r)
   repeat n
   send( "fms:note", dur: r, pitch: between(48, 73))
   wait r
end

sprout( examp1(16, 1/2), "fomus1.ly")

I've tried various combinations, including using variables such as the
example below but I can't seem to get it to work.

process examp1 (n, r)
   repeat n
   variable pitch = between(48, 73)
   send("fms:note", dur: r, pitch: between(48, 73))
   send("mp:midi", dur: r, key: pitch)
   wait r
end

sprout( examp1(16, 1/2), "fomus1.ly")