[CM] Fomus on Ubuntu

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Sun Aug 21 05:24:35 PDT 2011

im pretty sure the issue is that the scheduler runs in faster-than
real time for files and real-time for ports. since you have  a mix of
both file and port its not going to work.
there are several alternatives.

1. the best way to do this is to tell fomus to write BOTH a .mid and
and .ly file . this is how you do that:

process examp1 (n, r)
   repeat n
   send( "fms:note", dur: r, pitch: between(48, 73))
   wait r
end

sprout( examp1(16, 1/2), "fomus1.ly" , output: {"ly" "mid" } )

the advantage is that fomus will do a lot of work on the midi output
so that it matches the score. simply sending data to the midi port
yourself wont include those huersitics.

2. i think you can probably send to a midi port and also to a fomus
score you open by hand, and then close the fomus score by hand after
the midi processing is over. im not sure why you would want to do
this...