[CM] getting clm-4 to run on mac osx 10.6.4

Michael Klingbeil michael.klingbeil at yale.edu
Mon Jun 28 16:01:36 PDT 2010

This error probably means that libclm failed to compile.

Do you have the Apple Developer Tools (aka Xcode) installed? If not do that first. You need to be registered as an Apple Developer which you can do for free here: http://developer.apple.com/programs/register/

Once you have Xcode installed you should be able to compile everything needed for clm-4

However, OS X 10.6.4 presents some tricky problems with 32 vs 64 bit architectures. For example, with no flags, gcc on OS X 10.6 will default to 64 bit architecture and I'm not sure the clm-4 build process has been tested with any of this.

I am currently using clm-4 on 10.6 with Clozure Common Lisp 1.5 (32-bit version). However, I had to do a bit of hacking to get this to work. I will try to put together some documentation on this and submit patches.

Bill, I will send a follow up to you about patches for OS X 10.6. There might be changes to configure.ac and definitely changes to all.lisp and defins.lisp