[CM] CM/Grace 3.6 + Fomus Confusion

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Sat Jul 31 06:51:49 PDT 2010

yes, fomus is really a C++ library now. it does have a Terminal
command (/usr/bin/fomus --help) and an input file format so you can
write scores in a text editor but it also lets you link to its library
which is what Grace does.  inside grace you can work with it severl ways
1.  sprout processes that write .ly files, eg  sprout( myproc(1,2),
"test.ly", settings: {...} )
2 use 'file' and 'loop' to write a a .ly file synchronously eg  file
"test.ly"   () loop ... end  loop ... end  ... end
3 open/ close scores and add parts and notes to fomus scores
interactively (see fomus>menu)